Chia Seeds Recipes
One ounce of chia seeds provides 11 grams of fibres and 4 grams of protein, with only 129 calories and 9 grams of fat. if you are looking to add another add another source of healthy fatty-acids to your diet, these are a few recipes that will certainly help you out.
Guilt-Free Chia Seed Pudding Recipe
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup organic coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp. raw honey
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Himalayan salt, optional
- Combine all ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate for five to 30 minutes so the chia seeds absorb the moisture and becomes a pudding.
- If pudding is too thick, you can add more milk to thin it out to your desired consistency.
- Add your favourite topping such as strawberries, blueberries, blackberries or slices of banana and enjoy!
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir together the rolled oats, chia seeds, almonds, cherries, coconut flakes, both types of raisins, the sunflower seeds, walnuts, maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla in a large bowl. Pour onto the prepared baking sheet and season with salt.
- Bake, stirring after 15 minutes, until the nuts are golden brown, about 30 minutes’ total. Let cool and add to your favourite yogurt!
Granola With Chia Seeds
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup black chia seeds
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Kosher salt
- Yogurt, for serving
Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon hazelnut flavor instant coffee powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup milk 2 teaspoons honey, or to taste
- Mix cocoa powder, brown sugar, and instant coffee powder together in a bowl; stir until no lumps remain. Fold chia seeds into the mixture. Pour milk into the bowl and stir to incorporate; let the mixture sit a few minutes before stirring again. Repeat resting and stirring a few times over the course of 20 minutes.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours to overnight.
- Drizzle honey over the pudding to serve.
Chia Muesli Bites
- ½ cup of chia seeds
- ½ cup of wholemeal flour
- ½ cup of oats
- ½ cup of pepita seeds
- ½ cup of shredded coconut
- 1 cup of dates
- 125 grams of coconut oil
- 1 tbs of honey
- 1 cup of warm water
- Before you start, soak the dates in a cup of warm water for a few minutes for the soften up. Drain the water and pop the dates into the blender.
- Melt the coconut oil and honey on a low heat and then add to the blender to whizz up the dates, oil and honey together to form a smooth paste.
- In a medium sized bowl, add all the dry ingredients and then pour in the date mixture. Bring the mixture together like a cookie dough so the mixture is moist but not too wet.
- Place the mixture into a lined baking tin and flatten it out with the palm of your hand until it is about 1-2 cms in thickness.
- Place the tray in a preheated 180-degree oven and cook for around 15-20 minutes. The slice will not be firm but brown on top.
- Take it out of the oven and carefully ‘cut’ the slice into the desired size, small bites a best for portion control. Do not take it out of the tray. Let it cool completely to firm up. This will take around 15 minutes.
- Keep the bites in a sealed container in the fridge and eat over the week.
Banana Chia Bia Breakfast Muffin
- 96g oatsChia bia Muffins-1
- 30g Chia Bia seeds
- 30g golden linseed
- 6tbsp sweetener
- 1 egg
- 100ml soya milk
- 1 small mashed banana
- Pre-heat the oven to 180oC
- Mix the oats, Chia Bia seeds, linseed and sweetener together
- Beat egg and milk together in a jug
- Mix the dry ingredients and egg mixture together
- Beat in mashed banana
- Divide into 6 cases and bake for 14 minutes